Royal Oak Burial Park has been providing services since November 1923. Today the Burial Park offers many options for families to choose from for their burial, cremation and memorialization needs.
As traditions and preferences have changed the Burial Park has led the way in bringing new service options to the Greater Victoria community. Here are few important dates for the community and the Burial Park…THE FIRST….
- Interment takes place in Royal Oak Burial Park – 1923;
- Crematorium on Vancouver Island opens in 1937 (in conjunction with the art deco Garden Chapel);
- Cremation Interment Gardens on Vancouver Island – the Grove and Garden of Remembrance – open in 1937;
- Cremation Columbarium Grove at the Burial park opens in 1988;
- Mausoleum on Vancouver Island opens in 1996;
- Upright Monument interment section in the burial Park opens in 2000;
- Cremation Memorial Nature Path on Vancouver Island – for cremation remembrance – opens in 2002;
- Natural / Green Burial Site in Canada – The Woodlands – opens and has first interment in 2008.
Use the buttons above to link directly to information about Our Services…